[Postgres-xl-announce] Question about supporting SAVEPOINTs

Mason Sharp msharp at translattice.com
Wed Nov 19 14:08:11 PST 2014

Hi Michal,

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 2:51 AM, Michal Šťava <stavamichal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we are really thinking about using your technology in our project:
> http://perun.cesnet.cz/web/ But there is one thing which is important for
> us. It is SAVEPOINT in postgreSQL. I read in your documentation that this
> feature will be "maybe" added in some of next releases, but i also read
> that this feature has minor importance for you. So I want to ask, when you
> plan to add this feature to your release?

SAVEPOINTs are currently not scheduled, but it is being raised as an issue
more frequently. If your organization would like to sponsor development of
this feature, please feel free to reach out to me.

Regards,

--
Mason Sharp

TransLattice - http://www.translattice.com
Clustered and Distributed Database Solutions